Userguide for Wi-Fi Dimmer Switch
Wi-Fi Touch Dimmer Wall switches
UK/EU/US standard available
|App Remote ON/OFF|
|Dim down & up the lightings via touch panel and mobile App, echo & google home smart voice.|
|Works with Amazon Echo, Echo Dot, Amazon Tap|
|Works with Google Home|
|Works with Google Nest|
|Certification: CE, RoHS, FCC|
|Power Supply: 90V-250V AC|
|Max. Current: 2A/250V/Gang|
|Max. Power: 300W/gang|
|Wireless Standard: 802.11 b/g/n & 433MHz RF|
|Security Mechanism: WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK|
|Material: ABS V0 + Toughened Glass Panel|
EU/UK Style:86mm*86mm*32mm, Weight: 130.0g
US Style: 120mm*73mm*32mm, weight: 135.0g
Operate and Installation.
1. Download “eWeLink” app.
Search “eWeLink” in APP Store for iOS version or Google play for Android version.
Or scan the QR code on the switch housing sticker.
2. Schematic diagram of equipment installation.
Neutral Wire Required
The switch must be powered up through Lin (Live input) and Nin (neutral input). While L-out is Live output for light/lamp. the neutral wire was required, so please check and confirm your home switch housing having the Neutral wire inside before order this switch.
2.2． Workable lamp/light for the dimmer switch
There is not all kinds of the lamp/lights can work with the dimmer switch, please read below information and confirm you having the dimmable lamp/lights before order the Dimmer Switch.
1. Ordinary LED lights can not be dimmed, but can be set on/off,
2. The gear dimming LED light is not suitable for our dimmer switch. The gear type is dimming divided into several gears, such as 3 gears 20%, 50%, 90%
The dimmable LED light must be a resistive step-down LED lamp/stepless dimming LED lamp.
3. All energy-saving lamps are not suitable for dimmer switches
4. Fluorescent lamps are not suitable for dimming switches
5. The total power of the lighting fixtures or fixtures used together cannot exceed 150W
4. Pair the Switch with Mobile App
1. Power up your Dimmer Switch, then press the midle (On/Off) touch button around 7 senconds until the wi-fi led fast blinks to enter into WiFi learning state：
Go to eWeLink, click “+”.
For Android, please select the 1st icon, click next.
For iOS, please select the pairing icon accordingly. Click next.
EWeLink will auto-search and connect to the device.
4. Input your home SSID & password:
4.1 If no password, keep it blank
4.2 Now eWeLink only support 2.4G WiFi communication protocol, 5G-WiFi is not supported.
5. Name the device to complete.
6. Maybe the device is “Offline” on eWeLink, for the device needs 1 minute to connect to your router and server. When the green LED on, the device is “Online”, if eWeLink shows still “Offline”, please close eWeLink and re-open.
5. APP features
1. WiFi remote control and device state
Turn on/off by tapping on device icon. Device state always simultaneously display on APP.
2. Share Control
The owner can share the devices to other eWeLink accounts. While sharing devices, both should stay online on eWeLink. Because if the account you want to share is not online, he/she will not receive the invitation message.
How to make it possible? Firstly click Share, input the eWeLink account (phone number or email address) you want to share, tick the timer permissions (edit/delete/change/enable) you want to give, then click Next. The other account will receive an invitation message. Click Accept, the device has shared successfully. The other user will have access to control the device.
3. Timing schedules
Support max 8 enabled single/repeat/countdown timing schedules each device. Preset timers can work even network is unavailable, but the device must keep power on.
4. Scene/Smart Scene
Scene allows triggering on/off your devices automatically. Scene Settings is in the upper right corner of Device List. You can set up scenes or smart scenes to trigger on/off the device.
Users should select “Click to execute” in the condition, add different existing devices, name the scene and save it.
5. Set default device status
In Device Setting, you can set default device status to ON or OFF when the device is powered on.
6. Security mechanism
One device one owner. Other people can not add the devices that have already been added. If you want to add your device to another account, don’t forget to delete it first.
It will auto-remind you of new firmware or version. Please update as soon as you can.
6. Problems and solutions
Read the detailed FAQ on Itead Smart Home Forum. If below answers can’t solve your problem, please submit a feedback on eWeLink.
1. My device has added successfully but stays “Offline”.
Answers: The newly added device need 1-2 min to connect to your router and the Internet. If it stays offline for a long time, please judge the problem by the green led status:
1.1. Green led quickly blinks one time and repeats, which means device failed to connect to the router. The reason may be you have entered wrong WiFi password or your device is too far away from the router, which causes a weak WiFi signal. The device can not be added to the 5G-wifi-router, only the 2.4G-wifi is OK. At last, make sure that your router is MAC-open.
1.2. Green led slowly blinks one time and repeats, which means the device has connected to router and server but failed to be added to the device list. Then power on the device again, if it still not working, just add the device again.
1.3. Green led quickly blinks twice and repeats, this means the device has connected to the router but failed to connect to the server. Then please confirm your WiFi router works normally.
2. Why the APP can’t find the device in pairing status?
Answers: That’s because of your phone’s cache. Please close the WLAN of your phone then open it after a minute. At the same time, please power off the device if you can, then power up to try again.
3. My WiFi is expired, can I connect the devices to LAN?
Answers: the Wifi Touch Switch supports to be controlled by LAN(Update in 15/10/2017, LAN function has been stopped).
4. The green led keeps off, even if the device is powered on. Press the button but the device does not work.
Answers: The circuit may be broken, please send it back for testing. Return shipping postage and packaging will be at buyer’s expense, if the device is damaged by the buyer, and the buyer should bear extra repair cost